What is Shopsys Framework?
Our product is a fully functional ecommerce platform for businesses transitioning into tech-companies that are seeking to organize their own software development team. It contains the most common B2C and B2B features for online stores and its infrastructure is prepared for high scalability.
Shopsys Framework is the fruit of our 15 years of experience in creating custom-made online stores and it’s dedicated to best in-house devs teams who work with online stores with tens of millions of Euros of turnover per year.
Shopsys Framework architecture is modern and corresponds to the latest trends in the production of software for leading ecommerce solutions. Deployment and scaling of our system are comfortable thanks to the use of the containerization and orchestration concepts (Docker, Kubernetes). The platform is based on one of the best PHP frameworks on the market – Symfony.
Our product aims to save thousands of dev-hours and help website owners overcome obstacles like technical debt , vendor lock , and building an eshop from scratch. A typical project using our platform is a B2B or B2C site with a yearly revenue ranging from €2M to €100M with thousands of orders and hundreds of thousands of page views each day. Online retailers operating with this revenue have to provide a high-quality customer journey, from the first page load to the final delivery at a customer’s doorstep, and we understand this better than anyone.
Infrastructure & Roadmap
The diagram below will introduce you to the infrastructure behind the Shopsys Framework.
You can learn more about our development roadmap on our blog.
We’ve come a long way, but at the moment we have one main goal – the release of a stable version by next year.
- 2003 – the company is founded by 16-year old Petr Svoboda and the first version of the Shopsys software is created
- 2005 – Shopsys 2 comes online and over 100 online stores are now using it
- 2010 – 4th version Shopsys and the 500th online store license is sold
- 2015 – Work begins on Shopsys 6 and the current Shopsys Framework
- 2017 – Closed beta launch of the Shopsys 6 is released and on top of it 15 new e-commerce sites are developed
- September 2018 – Release of Shopsys Framework
- February 2019 – A stable version of our framework is scheduled to be presented publicly