Démos is an international trading company specializing in the sale of materials for furniture production with a yearly turnover of 155 mln Euro. The main customers include manufacturers, architects and interior contractors, small entrepreneurs, and wholesalers from all over the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary.
The company sells its products through stationary branches and through the online sales portal Démos24Plus that is becoming very popular with customers. As a result, Démos wanted to release a new improved version of this portal and — despite cooperation with another software house at this time — joined with Shopsys in 2017 to develop a solution.
After a thorough analysis of the project requirements and numerous in person meetings with the managerial department, we started work on the programming that lasted 13 months. The release of the portal took place in accordance with the planned schedule and as of January 1st, 2019 Démos’ customers can now use the new version.
Here is a list of the most advanced features that have been implemented in the new version of Démos24Plus:
- Responsive design — the portal can be used comfortably by a wide range of devices from desktops (resolution up to 1920px) to mobile smartphones
- Price list configurator — enables easy creation of price lists according to required parameters (assortment group, brand, and availability)
- Setting employee access — the business owner (portal customer) can adjust the permission of other employees to give them access to relevant parts of the portal
- Breakdown of the cart in up to 3 separate orders according to the delivery method
- The customer has all the necessary documents directly on the portal (delivery notes and track and trace, invoices and credit notes, credits, pending orders, ordered orders, complaints, etc.)
- Possibility to use different carts during shopping
- Possibility to send an order for all created carts at once
- Possibility to have more lists of favorite products
- Quick add of products into the cart
Video presentation (Czech)
Other language versions: Polish, Slovak, Hungarian
Petr Svoboda, Founder of Shopsys: The development of Démos24Plus portal was based on Shopsys Framework in which B2B features are already implemented. The success of Démos24Plus shows a certain change in purchasing trends also in the B2B segment. Large companies more and more often allow wholesale shopping to their clients through online portals. This is not only convenient for customers, but in many cases it reduces a company’s costs.
Jakub Chmiel, Project Manager of Démos: The new portal brings many improvements to our customers — we have simplified navigation, added important features, and improved recognition of the availability and delivery of goods. The new and responsive design makes the portal much more user-friendly. We are very satisfied with our cooperation with Shopsys.
In the last few months we have received many inquiries about dedicated B2B platforms. We would like to remind all companies who are thinking about opening their own B2B portal that this functionality has been implemented in Shopsys Framework .