After 5 months in the beta stage, we’ve finished the first phase of implementation of all the feedback we’ve received from our users, and we are happy to announce the release of the stable version of Shopsys Framework!
We are also changing the format of this article as we found the previous “release highlights” articles a little too chatty, so this one will be really brief. Please, let us know in the comments below whether you like it better this way.
What is new in Shopsys Framework?
Backward Compatibility Promise (#800)
- Thanks to the new BC promise you know exactly what kind of changes you can expect in each release based on the major/minor notation and you can plan your upgrades based on that.
Monetary Values Representation (#821)
- You can use a new value object responsible for strict and consistent typing of monetary values.
- If interested, see the analysis and discussion that preceded the decision.
Data Fixtures in project-base (#854)
- In favor of better usability, you can now modify your demo data directly without any additional effort.
Microservices Removal (#793)
- Native installation of Shopsys Framework and product search extension has been simplified!
- The microservices we’ve integrated have taught us a lot about how to scale our system, and given us the chance to become even more familiar with Docker and Kubernetes. You can look forward to a separate article on this topic that will be released soon. It will describe the reasons behind the removal of the microservices, as well.
Design by Domains (#792)
- A unique look for each of your domains!
- By following the new cookbook, you can easily set up distinct styles and templates for particular domains.
Support (#766) and Implementation (#836) of Multiple Image Sizes
- Easier incorporation of pictures on frontend thanks to the picture element!
- You are able to speed up your page loads and satisfy your customers’ visual feel by defining multiple dimensions for a picture based on device width.
- See our docs for detailed instructions.
Model Layer Refactorings
- Simplified ways of using and extending of the cart (#765), countries (#762) and order items (#715) objects!
- Many thanks to all our users for valuable feedback!