We are very proud to introduce you to the first minor release of the stable version of Shopsys Framework. Minor version means that it is backward compatible with the 7.0.0 version according to our BC promise.
We’ve focused on improving the documentation so it is easier to adopt Shopsys Framework and to build your own projects.
Along with the documentation, we’ve made 10 improvements and fixes to various aspects of front-end and administration, in addition to working with the Redis storage.
What is new in Shopsys Framework?
New documentation articles
- How to Work with Money (#870) which describes how to work with the classes and concepts added in the v7.0.0
- Documentation of Grid (#864) with two cookbooks explaining how to create a basic grid or an advanced one
- Using Form Types (#883) explaining types that you can use when creating or editing forms, what options they have, and what they do along with improving the article about form extension
Added version prefix to Redis caches (#886)
- Each build of your application prefixes the Redis keys with a unique timestamp to prevent mixing caches from the old and the new build. Now your application can be deployed more safely.
- The application doesn’t log an error when you’re trying to clear an empty cache (#846)
- Thanks to @henzigo for bringing this up
Product category filter in advanced search in administration (#895)
- An administrator can now filter products by a category they belong to
Redesigned print page of product detail page (#808)
- You can see a better looking print page when you need to print product detail
- You can create your own styles for printing various pages to a newly prepared structure
Sniff that forbids Doctrine Inheritance mapping (#848)
- Easy inheritance of Doctrine entities from Framework is guaranteed thanks to new architectonic sniff
A couple of minor fixes
- The width of select boxes using selectize.js now adapts to the content and doesn’t overflow (#882)
- Opening subcategories in menu animates only once to prevent blinking (#881)
- Validation message on unique email constraint doesn’t overflow anymore (#885)
- EntityExtensionTest was fixed when entity related to Product is extended (#899)
- Maximum count in progress bar in PerformanceCategoryDataFixture was fixed (#902)
- and thanks to @Rixafy for fixing a typo in the Article::$hidden annotation (#874)